Monday 26 March 2012

Beard

We enjoyed letterpress printing business cards for Beard. Designer, Rob March gave us an insight into the design concept and the role of the business card.  Thanks Rob!

My business cards are often the only thing that I will leave behind with a potential client, so I wanted to make sure I had something that was memorable.
I wanted the cards to be clean, with the focus on the typography on one side and my brand icon on the other, as I want the icon to be recognisable without any words associated with it. To give the cards a lovely tactile feel, I chose a duplex of Bright White and Pistachio from GF Smith's Colorplan range, both in 270gsm.
I asked Glasgow Press to make sure that the block would bite into the board slightly, to leave a nice impression, but without showing through, and I'm thrilled with the results. The cards are exactly what I wanted and have already won me work, so I couldn't be happier! Glasgow Press did a fantastic job and I can't wait to use them again in the future

We snapped a few pics in the making . . .
the paper

guillotining

ink, ready for mixing

plate

on press

1 comment:

anieb said...

Such a lovely card and great interpretation of the photo too, thank you sharing.I wanted to thank you for this great post!! I enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked and waiting for all the new stuff you post.
Card Printers